If you have any question don’t hesitate use our live chat
Do you know what’s covered by your homeowners policy? Or that you can purchase additional coverage for more protection?
Even if your current policy meets your needs, it’s always a good idea to learn about your options, especially as we start a new year.
Here’s what you should know about standard homeowners insurance (and when you might need to supplement it).
What does standard homeowners insurance cover?
- Structure of the Home: If a tree falls onto your property, for example, your policy may cover the damage.
- Personal Belongings: Also known as contents coverage, your policy may help replace items (such as furniture) after a loss.
- Liability Coverage: If someone slips on your porch and hurts themselves, your policy may protect you financially.
- Additional Living Expenses: If extensive damage keeps you from living in your home, your policy can help you afford short-term housing during repairs.
SIf you’d like a more detailed list of what’s covered by your policy, reach out anytime.
Do you need additional coverage?
Every home is different, which is why it’s important to carefully review your options to make sure you’re considering your property’s unique needs.
Your policy may not cover:
- Flooding: You’ll need a separate policy for flood insurance.
- Property Wear and Tear: Protect your home by completing regular maintenance, because a poorly maintained structure may not be covered by your policy.
- Jewelry: You can purchase a rider to cover valuable pieces like wedding rings or family heirlooms.
- Collectibles: Do you have valuables or vintage items? Ask about special coverage.
While typical homeowners insurance offers many benefits, additional coverage can help give you and your family more peace of mind.
Do you have any questions? Or are you ready to check in about your 2022 coverage needs? Get in touch today.